Friday, July 18, 2008

Thanks to our friends....


We are extremely blessed to have some good friends from Georgia here (they moved here last summer) who have been hauling us around so that we can get things done and also do some sightseeing. On Tuesday, they watched our kids for over 4 hours while we sat through a scintillating class on German rules of the road and took a written exam. (I have to insert here that I was quite nervous about the test - it has been over 7 years since I finished school, and pretty much exactly that long since I've taken any kind of test.) Thankfully we both passed - I won't mention who did better....ANYWAY, last Thursday (the day we got here) they took us to a beautiful town just outside of Heidelberg called Ladenberg and last night they took us to Heidelberg itself. Here are a few pictures. As our friends put it, isn't it cool that this is now OUR TOWN?!?!









11 comments:

Nicole said...

I am so honored to leave the very first comment on your blog! Really, though, did you expect any differently from your internet addicted friend? I guess this means I have to hold-up my end of the bargain now, eh?

We're glad to see you are getting settled at least a little bit, and can't wait to hear about all your adventures!

Miss you guys!


P.S. Branik is sitting here with me and saw the picture of your family and started pointing and yelling "Eeomi!Eeomi!" He misses you too:)

Nicole said...

OK, I am also going to leave the second comment on your blog because I have to ask, is Naomi in a German gang now? Check out her hands flashing gangsta symbols! I always suspected...

Patrick and Leigh said...

Emma, I'm glad that you're safely in Germany and are already seeing the sights. Welcome to blogging-I think it's the best thing ever. We're looking forward to all of your updates. Get some sleep!

Leigh

Chrystapooh said...

You're making me homesick! Hudson immediately recognized that your pictures were taken in Germany. So glad you got there safely. The jet-lag is a killer. But boy, are going to LOVE going 100mph on the autobahn in your new mini-van. Wahoo!!!
Miss you guys,
Chrysta

Anne Findlay said...

I am glad you guys made it safely! I went to Heidelberg when I was visiting friends who were living in Bammethal, a nearby town. We went on a great, long bike ride along the river Neckar gemund or something like that. There are some great places to bike and explore! I thought it was a beautiful area. Good luck learning German; I'm sure you will all pick it up quickly.
Love,
Anne

Jessica said...

Cool- once you get into a house let me know so we can book a reservation to stay with you and tour Germany. Are your friends someone from our ward?? Curious. You guys look great! Glad you made it safely and with only some animosity towards the worst hotel chain ever.

Julie said...

Todd & I are a bit jealous! I think we'll need to come visit sometime!
It was fun to see you guys, thanks for coming over.

Stephanie said...

How exciting!!! The pictures are beautiful!! Wow, I did not realize how much we missed you guys until I saw your email. I was so excited to see your blog. We could by chance be heading for Heidelberg next year. It's one of the possibilities. Don't want you to think we are staulking you though!;) How crazy would that be!?! We will keep you posted. I'm glad you guys made it!!!

Bastianclan said...

Okay Emma you know how I didn't want to come to Germany? well I think you have changed my mind. Wow it's so beautiful. I can't beleive it. so when do you think you will have housing? We miss you so much!!! Glad you made it safely.
Welcome to the blogging world.

Jonathan and Rachel said...

Emma! So glad to be able to keep in touch - Benjamin still thinks we're going to music class everyweek -- I had to tell him today that Mrs. Emma moved! We miss you guys and the awesome family you were in our ward -- Enjoy GERMANY!

Jenna Harris said...

Whoa, you guys already look European. How'd you do that?