Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My New Best Friend

Today I spent quite a lot of time with my new best friend.....quality time - time discovering the pathways and pitfalls of my new place in life. I can see him/her really being a guiding force in my life here in Germany. Would you all like to meet him/her? Without further ado, here he/she is:




That's right - Nuvi and I had quite the day today. And all because our car FINALLY arrived!


*Note the nifty European license plates!


I can't tell you how happy I am to FINALLY have our car here. Of course, one of the first things we did today was go to a car dealership to look into buying another car....But, before I did that, I drove to my friend's house (only 1 or 2 wrong turns, which Nuvi quickly corrected), drove to a lovely German grocery store and purchased some tasty German bread, cheese, yogurt and chocolate, and back home all without incident. And mom, just so you know, I didn't go over 120 on the Autobahn today. We'll save that for tomorrow....


One last picture, just in case y'all are curious. Here is our current home. We've now reached day 15. Hopefully 15 more to go!



9 comments:

Jenna Harris said...

Sob! Sniff! Choke! I've been replaced! By a machine, no less!!!

Well, I'm glad to see you and your new best friend having fun grocery shopping, driving on the autobahn and other grown-up stuff.

Does your new best friend speak English? If not, your German is coming along fabulously.

Finally, please try 200 on the autobahn at least once. It's kinda fun, but I'd rather travel at 120, too. :)

Chrystapooh said...

Emma, 160k's is a nice round number at which I frequently traveled. And just be careful when you come back to the States for visits: you'll get on a highway and find yourself going 85mph without even thinking about it, because 60mph seems SOOOO FREAKIN' SLOW. Even now that I've been back here for months, it still does... sniff, sniff... I miss the A-bahn! (You, too, of course!)
Chrysta

Jay and Sherrie said...

I came across your blog on Nicole's. Congrats on getting your car, a whole new world opening up to you. How fun! We miss you guys and hope you are having fun!

Nicole said...

All you "elitist Euro snobs" can have the dumb autobahn -- I have Chamblin Rd. in Grovetown which I take at 435 mph all the time (especially on Target days).

I'm glad to see you and Nuvi are cooperating well enough to get you sustenance. But did Nuvi help you find a Wii? Didn't think so. My status is safe:)

Am I grumpy or what? I better go get a Diet Coke...

Rach said...

Hooray for your car! And hooray for being able to find your way around. I'm relieved for you. I love your blog. It's nice to see that you're staying in such a beautiful place. It makes it seems a little teeny bit less sad that you're far far away.

Bastianclan said...

Emma, I'm so glad your car arrived. that makes life a little easier. I hope you guys find a place to stay soon. I am sure you are finished with the Guest housing.

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad you finally got your car! I hate finding my way around new places, and I can only imagine how much harder it is in a foreign country! BTY, Nicole's comment was hilarious! Have a great day!

Emma said...

You guys are all hilarious! I have to say 60 mph seemed slow to me even before I moved here. What seemed even slower and was infinitely more frustrating,was getting stuck behind some moron going 35 on Horizon South Pkwy. I miss you all!

Rebecca said...

Just wanted to pop in and say Hello and that I'm glad you seem to be enjoying your wonderful adventure. Seeing all your images makes me want to come visit you ASAP!!!

Big hugs to you and the kids. We've been thinking about you!

xoxo