Monday, October 10, 2011

Waterfall

One of the places we visited in Croatia was a Plitvice National Park.  The park consists of a massive system of lakes that are separated by natural dams.  The water travels downhill (naturally) which means that each of the dams is covered with a system of waterfalls.  The water is extremely hard and leaves massive calcium deposits, so the topography of the park is constantly shifting.  The water is extremely clear, and, because of the white deposits that cover everything, the lakes are an unnatural looking and vibrant blue.  Needless to say, we took a LOT of pictures.  Rather than adding detailed descriptions of each picture, I’m going to give you some general thoughts now. Then I will inundate you with images.

1.  It was, unfortunately, quite hazy all day so our pictures are not as crisp as we would like.  The images definitely don’t do the place justice.

2.  None of the pictures has been altered – the water really is that blue.

3.  My hair doesn’t like humidity.

4.  I think Ben likes to capture a surprised look on my face when he takes my picture. 

5.  I definitely wore the wrong shoes that day.

Now….pictures.

      IMG_1386     IMG_1388

                             IMG_1399      IMG_1390

   IMG_1405      IMG_1406

                                                        IMG_1419

                                                        IMG_1423

IMG_1431     IMG_1432

                               IMG_1442      IMG_1445

                                                     IMG_1463

                                                                             IMG_1459

                                           IMG_1466      IMG_1487

It was a beautiful day.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Beautiful! And although the shoes may have been uncomfortable, they are REAAALLYY cute, which is so much more important when hiking, you know?

You are on a roll!

Rach said...

What a beautiful place! The water really is blue. So amazing.

Eardley Fam said...

Gorgeous!!! Wow, what an amazing place! I'll have to add that one to my wish list of travels!

Anonymous said...

Good job, Emma! TWo posts in a week! What a gorgeous place! I wish I could see it. Hmmmm....m,aybe I can!