Sunday, August 1, 2010

Still Alive

Well, it’s been a long time.  A really long time.  As you may remember, I had resolved to do better at keeping my blog up to date this year.  So much for that idea.  I guess the real reason I haven’t written for so long is that I’ve been so busy living my life that I just haven’t had time to write about it.  A few things that have happened since I last wrote…

- A 2 (which became 3) week trip to Spain (more to follow).

- A surgery for Ian (nothing serious, and he’s fine now).

- A 3 week visit from my parents.  (Fantastic!!!)

- A trip to Normandy with my parents (during aforementioned visit).

- A piano recital for all my students (which include my own kids).

- Naomi’s ballet recital.

- Ian’s class play. 

- 2 trips to the Berchtesgaden/Salzburg area.

- Soccer camp for both kids.

- Swimming lessons.

- Tennis lessons for me.  (FINALLY!  I’ve been wanting to do this for a long time, and I’m having SO MUCH FUN!)

- A week at YW camp because, oh, yeah, I got called to be YW president. 

Despite the hectic schedule, we are still loving Germany.  We love the travel opportunities.  We love our friends and neighbors here.  Ben has a great job.  I have a great job.  We are happy. 

Here are some pictures from the last few months.  I will try (emphasis on try) to elaborate more on some of the trips and events that I mention below in upcoming blog posts.  I’d really like to write about our extended Spain trip.  (Thank you volcano in Iceland!)  Ben is in San Antonio this week, so this just may happen.  For now, however….

                                      IMG_9348

Ian was one of the narrators and as well as a Paris alley cat in his class play.  The fish he is touching is the one he drew for the backdrop.  All of the songs they sang were in German, and he knew ALL of the lyrics.

                                                     IMG_9350

We started our trip to Spain in Madrid.  The trip there was a little rough (let’s just say at one point we were standing outside of the apartment we had rented at 10:00 p.m. without keys, unable to contact the landlord and wondering if we were going to have to find a hotel somewhere last minute).  Fortunately it all worked out.   Here is a view of the cathedral.

                           IMG_9381

Here is a view of the cathedral unspoiled by the people in front of it.

                         IMG_9386

The palace….

                        IMG_9399

Plaza Major….

                                               IMG_9375

Park time (ESSENTIAL!!!)…..

                IMG_9418

El Escorial...

               IMG_9429

               IMG_9449

Beautiful children at El Escorial…

  IMG_9446    IMG_9443

Segovia…

                   IMG_9472

                   IMG_9476

                   IMG_9487

IMG_9526     IMG_9529

IMG_9498      IMG_9489

             IMG_9523

Toledo  (It was cold, rainy and somewhat miserable in Toledo.   We didn’t take many pictures.)

             IMG_9534 

                                    IMG_9543

Last day in Madrid…

    IMG_9553     IMG_9566

           IMG_9562

           IMG_9563 

           IMG_9568

Well, I made it through week one of Spain.  As you can see it is a fantastic place.  I wouldn’t mind being stuck there again sometime….

More tomorrow!

5 comments:

Rach said...

I love all the beautiful pictures. Spain is one of my very favorite places in Europe. It is beautiful!!! And so are your kids!

Becca said...

Hi Emma!

I think it is so sweet that you have all of these pictures of your kids in Europe, just as you probably have pictures of yourself from your time in Italy. You Farnsworths are awesome. Anyway, glad to see that all is well!

mom said...

Halleluia!!! I love Spain. I love your kids. I love you and Ben. Thank you for taking the time to work on your blog!!

Rebecca said...

Oh Emma, you got called as YW President? Oh my. Oh my oh my oh my. We have a lot of catching up to do, don't we?

Your Spain trip looks amazing. Yay!

xoxo

mom said...

Okay, it's been two or three days. Time for a new blog installment......while Ben is away....